Good morning, Ohio. Here’s what you need to know today.
Your Weather Planner
We’re starting Christmas Eve day with cloudy skies, south winds and warming temperatures. Expect afternoon highs to reach the upper 40s and low 50s, with a few scattered showers. Heavier rain is poised to move into the Buckeye State by Christmas morning.
Get your 7-day forecast: Cincinnati | Cleveland | Columbus | Dayton | Toledo
1. National Guard to continue operating Cleveland mass COVID testing site
The mass COVID-19 testing site in Cleveland’s University Circle will continue to be open next week after being overwhelmed by demand earlier this week. The Ohio Department of Health said Thursday that the testing site will continue to operate from Dec. 27- Jan. 2, being open 9 a.m. through 5 p.m. daily except on Jan. 1. Officials had only previously committed to keeping the site open through Dec. 26.
2. Cleveland brewer named head of Master Brewers Association
Cleveland master brewer Andy Tveekrem is a big shot in the craft brewing world. He started home brewing in his late 20s and eventually turned his passion into a purpose and co-founded Market Garden Brewery in Cleveland’s Ohio City in 2011 and Nano Brew Cleveland in 2012.
3. Holistic chef gives tips for healthy eating around the holidays
Eating healthy can be difficult around the holidays. A holistic chef shows us how we can enjoy the holiday foods we love and still feel good in our bodies.
Around the Nation
1. De Blasio: Times Square to host ‘scaled back’ NYE celebration
2. Trump asks Supreme Court to shield White House documents from Jan. 6 panel
3. U.S. has reunited 100 children taken from parents under Trump
Don’t Miss This
- Recreation center opens up for toy giveaway
- Your historical odds of a white Christmas may have changed
- Archie the talking snowman makes the holidays special in Akron
Ohio Fun Fact
According to Columbus-based cookie maker Cheryl’s Cookies, the practice of putting out cookies for Santa began in the 1930s during the Great Depression, when parents were trying to instill a sense of thankfulness in their children. Will you leave out cookies for Santa Claus tonight?